Some parts of LinkedIn have never been especially straightforward. One of the more popular questions of LinkedIn is ‘How do I remove a connection from my contacts list?’’
Whether they turned out to be too spammy with their updates. Or you are spring cleaning your LinkedIn account. At some point, you will want to remove a connection from your LinkedIn network. But first…
What happens when you remove someone on LinkedIn?
Three things to note before removing a connection from your LinkedIn Network
- When you remove (or block) a connection, they will NOT be notified.
- Once removed any recommendations or endorsements between you and that person will be withdrawn. They will NOT be restored if the connection is reestablished.
- Only the LinkedIn member who removes the connection can reinitiate that connection.
There is another option instead of removing them however…
How to hide a LinkedIn network connection
So perhaps you want to or need to keep them as a network connection, but just don’t want to see their posts on the home page.
- On the homepage goto a post made by the connection you want to hide.
- Click the ellipsis (…) on the top right of the post.
- Select ‘Hide this post‘ from the options.
Remove a LinkedIn connection – profile page
- Navigate to the connection’s profile page.
- Click the More… button in the introduction card at the top.
- Select ‘Remove Connection‘.
This will then change to ‘Connection Removed‘
Remove a LinkedIn connection – My Network page
- Click the ‘My Network‘ icon on the top menu of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Click on your total ‘Connections’ shown on the left of the page
- Scroll down to your contacts list, or use the search function.
- Click the ellipsis (…) next to the connection you’d like to remove and click ‘Remove connection’.
Remove a LinkedIn connection – IOS
- Go to the profile of the member you wish to remove as a connection in the app or on the mobile website.
- Tap More…
- Tap Remove Connection.
What is the best way to clean up LinkedIn contacts?
As well as hiding your connection’s posts from the LinkedIn homepage you can also keep an eye on your notifications.
You’ll see people’s birthdays, work anniversaries, promotions, etc. Spend a little time looking through these and decide whether you will remove them or re-ignite the connection. You can of course just leave them, but the key to LinkedIn is having
Can I bulk unfollow people on LinkedIn?
No, LinkedIn gives you very little ability to do anything remotely advanced on the platform, you will need to remove each connection individually.