Six months ago LinkedIn made changes to the design of the home page, however this meant there was less control over the content that was seen on the page. More than any other time LinkedIn members became vocal, disappointed in the more fluffy Facebook style posts offering little value to the business network.
The Beatles struck a chord with the right combination of originality, creativity and innovation – a lesson that marketing creatives should bear in mind
The Beatles weren’t that good when they first formed.
Don’t take my word for it, Paul McCartney said in a recent radio interview: “We obviously weren’t that good. We were formulating it all.”
Record producer George Martin agreed. “When I first met them, they really couldn’t write a decent song. ‘Love Me Do’ was the best they could give me, yet they blossomed as songwriters in a way that was breathtaking.”
Sam Ball is the creative director at M&C Saatchi
The LinkedIn headline is possibly the most important part on your profile. It gives you 120 characters to grab the attention of people looking for you on LinkedIn search. It needs to be about what you do as opposed to what you are. It should be memorable, informative, perhaps even entertaining, but mostly enticing enough for someone to click on your profile and not your competitors. [Read more…] about LinkedIn Profile Headline & Summary
Some parts of LinkedIn have never been especially straightforward. One of the more popular questions of LinkedIn is ‘How do I remove a connection from my contacts list?’’
Whether they turned out to be too spammy with their updates. Or you are spring cleaning your LinkedIn account. At some point, you will want to remove a connection from your LinkedIn network. But first…
What happens when you remove someone on LinkedIn?
Three things to note before removing a connection from your LinkedIn Network
- When you remove (or block) a connection, they will NOT be notified.
- Once removed any recommendations or endorsements between you and that person will be withdrawn. They will NOT be restored if the connection is reestablished.
- Only the LinkedIn member who removes the connection can reinitiate that connection.
There is another option instead of removing them however…
How to hide a LinkedIn network connection
So perhaps you want to or need to keep them as a network connection, but just don’t want to see their posts on the home page.
- On the homepage goto a post made by the connection you want to hide.
- Click the ellipsis (…) on the top right of the post.
- Select ‘Hide this post‘ from the options.
Remove a LinkedIn connection – profile page
- Navigate to the connection’s profile page.
- Click the More… button in the introduction card at the top.
- Select ‘Remove Connection‘.
This will then change to ‘Connection Removed‘
Remove a LinkedIn connection – My Network page
- Click the ‘My Network‘ icon on the top menu of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Click on your total ‘Connections’ shown on the left of the page
- Scroll down to your contacts list, or use the search function.
- Click the ellipsis (…) next to the connection you’d like to remove and click ‘Remove connection’.
Remove a LinkedIn connection – IOS
- Go to the profile of the member you wish to remove as a connection in the app or on the mobile website.
- Tap More…
- Tap Remove Connection.
What is the best way to clean up LinkedIn contacts?
As well as hiding your connection’s posts from the LinkedIn homepage you can also keep an eye on your notifications.
You’ll see people’s birthdays, work anniversaries, promotions, etc. Spend a little time looking through these and decide whether you will remove them or re-ignite the connection. You can of course just leave them, but the key to LinkedIn is having
Can I bulk unfollow people on LinkedIn?
No, LinkedIn gives you very little ability to do anything remotely advanced on the platform, you will need to remove each connection individually.
Twitter the most “renegade area” of social media. Despite the recognition of the potential for risk to reputation, Twitter remains the most popular social media channel for firms to engage in.